They say it's one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with so many glaciers, volcanoes and waterfalls. Although just a small island, Iceland has a huge impact on defense environment. Because of its location, Iceland uses its geothermal resources in order to obtain electricity and heat. The most common source of heat and electricity is hydrogen, and the country hopes to pass entirely on hydrogen consumption.
Even Mercedes-Benz A-class buses used for public transport in Iceland are all powered by hydrogen, and can go 160 km with full tank. While in Iceland last 70% of coal imports to ensure its energy to this day she is proud that only 18% of its energy sources are derived from coal, the remaining 82% is pure hydrogen and geothermal energy. 2050, Iceland hopes to become totally independent of fossil fuel power.
By Maria Morari
The "greenest" countries in the world .
Others from The "greenest" countries in the world
The "greenest" countries in the world
Images of Iceland, icons, photos, figures, visions, appearances, illustrations, snapshots, captures, canvas and pictures of Iceland - The "greenest" countries in the world
Iceland - Excellent location
Iceland - Verdant setting
Iceland - Southern Iceland scenery
Iceland - Iceland waterfall