|The Big Square
The Square was first mentioned in 1411 as a corn market. Starting from the 16th century the market became the center of the ancient citadel. The public executions and the public meetings were held here. For hundreds of years it was calledthe Grosser Ring or Grosser Platz, between wars to King Ferdinand, the Communists called it the Republic, and in 1990 returned to the original name. The market has a length of 142 m and 93 m in width,it is one of the largest in Transylvania. The sout...
|The Evangelical Cathedral
The Evangelical Cathedral of Sibiu has had several features over the time, but for surely has been described as "the most remarkable building of Sibiu". Emil Sigerius, great scientist called it "a true memorial house" of Transylvanian Saxons.Today however it is much more than all this: it is the symbol of Sibiu. The church is best known for its impressive organ, the largest organ in SE Europe.In summer, during June-September eva...
The medieval buildings preserved in its original form by the numerous tourist attractions that are found here, Piata Mica is an important landmark for any visitor. In the Middle Ages in this market (know in documents under the name of 'circulus parvus') there were houses and workshops of local craftsmen . Here are some of the most important attractions of the city, climb towards the Tower, Lies Bridge, Franz Binder Museum, Emil Sigerus Pharmacy Museum, Luxemburg House, numerous terraces and cafes....