Ads

The Big Square

Ads



The Square was first mentioned in 1411 as a corn market. Starting from the 16th century the  market became the center of the ancient citadel. The public executions and  the public meetings were held here. For hundreds of years it was calledthe  Grosser Ring or Grosser Platz, between wars to King Ferdinand, the Communists called it the Republic, and in 1990 returned to the original name.  The market has a length of 142 m and 93 m in width,it  is one of the largest in Transylvania. The southern side of the square is declared architectural monument.





-> ->


Images of The Big Square, icons, photos, figures, visions, appearances, illustrations, snapshots, captures, canvas and pictures of The Big Square

The Big Square - The Well of Executions
The Big Square - The Well of Executions

The Big Square - Historic place
The Big Square - Historic place

The Big Square - Medieval place
The Big Square - Medieval place