Ads

Al-Kala Fortress

Ads



Surviving in an extraordinarily beautiful mountain town ruins of the first capital of the Hammadidov Empire, founded in 1007 and destroyed in 1152, you can create an authentic picture of a fortified Muslim city. The mosque, which prayer room has 13 aisles with eight rows of seats is one of the largest in Algeria. Beni Hammad Kala remarkable archaeological site is located 36 km north-east of Msila city. This ensemble of the ruins, at 1,000 m above the sea level is located in the mountainous area of striking beauty on the southern flank of Jebel Maadid. Beni Hammad feces was founded in the early 11th century Hammad, the son of Bologhine (founder of Algeria), and abandoned in 1090 under the threat of invasion Hilalian.

 

This is one of the most interesting and most accurate of the monumental complexes of the Islamic civilization. It was the first capital of the emirs and Hammadid in great splendor. Cala includes, 7 km partially dismantled walls, a large number of monumental remains, including a large mosque and a minaret and a number of palaces. The mosque, with its prayer hall consisting of 13 naves of 8 bays, it is the largest after that of Mansourah and its minaret is the oldest in Algeria after the Sidi Boumerouane. The ruins of the great bear witnesses the Kala clarification civilization Hammad, original architecture and palace of culture of North Africa. Beni Hammad Kala is an exceptional testimony to the civilization Hammadid. Founded in 1007 as a military fortress, it was elevated to the level of capital. It influenced the development of the Arab architecture, and other influences of civilization, including Maghreb, Andalusia and Sicily. The archaeological and the monumental remains of Beni Hammad Kala, among which the Great Mosque, a minaret, and a number of palaces are the main resources that demonstrate the wealth and the influence of Hammadid civilization. The ensemble of the ruins known as Al Beni Hammad Qal'ah is located on the southern flank of Jebel Maadid in the mountainous area of striking beauty. It has the sole witness to a cultural tradition: it is one of the most interesting and most accurate of the monumental complexes of the Islamic civilization and provides a reliable picture of a fortified Muslim city. It is located at 1,000 meters above the sea level on the southern flank of Jebel Maadid, where the ruins of the first capital of the emirs Hammadid, were founded in 1007 by Hammad, son of Bologhine, founder of Algeria. The city was abandoned in 1090 when it was threatened by the invasion Hilalian, and finally destroyed in 1152 by the Almohads. It enjoyed great magnificence in the 11th century. Al-Qala includes a large number of monumental remains, including the Grand Mosque and the minaret, and a number of palaces, including the Canary Islands, greeting and lake palaces. The mosque, with its prayer room of 13 passes with eight bays, is one of the largest in Algeria after that of Mansur. The minaret, 25 m high, is the prototype of a three-tiered minaret composition which can be seen in the first place on Giralda in Seville. The palace ruins show great refinement of the Hammadid civilization. The Beacon of Light Castle, mounted on a clean rocky peak, from which it kept dominating the area, was inspired by the location of the eastern palaces. Emir's palace Hammadid is a complex of three residences, separated by gardens, pavilions and tanks. Excavations have revealed locations of other palaces, as well as many other materials, which are exhibited in the Setif, Constantine and Algeria Museums.





->


Images of Al-Kala Fortress, icons, photos, figures, visions, appearances, illustrations, snapshots, captures, canvas and pictures of Al-Kala Fortress

 Al-Kala Fortress -  The most accurate of the monumental complexes of the Islamic civilization
Al-Kala Fortress - The most accurate of the monumental complexes of the Islamic civilization