Val Thorens is the biggest valley in the region of the Three Valleys - Belleville. Being located at an altitude of 2300 meters, it is the most mountainous resort in Europe. The upper point, may ride to the top Cime de Caron (3230 m). The most interesting black slopes and a variety of off-piste routes lay on its slopes. Furthermore, Glacier Peclet route begins at an altitude of 3101 meters, and the glacier Xavier is at 3133 meters. Val Thorens is one of the newest resorts in the French Alps. It was founded in 1971. Being the highest mountain resort in the Three Valleys (2300 meters), Val Thorens has 140 km of trails, 99% of riding is located above the level of 2000 meters, which guarantees a steady snow cover throughout the season ( from December to April). The cross-country ski trails laid for 5 km. The snowboarders will appreciate the excellent snow park and the boarder crossing track, the athletes will find themselves a slalom track, but fans of virgin land have huge opportunities for skiing . Over 30 tracks painted on the scheme in blue and green are good to learn to skate the beginner skiers. Subscription can be purchased at the Val Thorens slopes separately and at all the resorts of the Three Valleys (in total 600 km of trails). A two-week subscription includes a day of skiing in the area of Espace Killy (Val d'Isere and Tignes) or Espace La Plagne (Les Arcs, Pralognan la Vanoise and Les Saisies). You also have the opportunity for tennis, squash, volleyball, working pools and saunas. The entertainment for the evenings includes 50 restaurants, bars, pubs and discos, cinemas, about a hundred different shops, night clubs, working until 4 am.
Nearby airports to Val Thorens: Geneva (159 km), Lyon (193 km) and Chambery (112 km).
Advantages of the resort of Val Thorens:
• excellent skiing in the "3 Vallées" and affordable accommodation
• Most of the hotels and residences of the level 3 *- star located on the highway or in lifts
• good conditions for a family holiday
• to early May stable snow cover is ensured
• Modern elevators with high bandwidth
• Europe's largest cable car "CARON", at the same time lifting the 150 skiers at the highest point of the valley "Cime de Caron" (3200 m)
• "Snow Park", one of the best in Europe, "kvoter-pipe", "halfpipe" and the pyramids, a line for "boarder cross"
• night life: restaurants, bars, discos, a cinema
Characteristics of "Val Thorens" slopes
It combines two ski areas: "Orelle" and "Vallee des Belleville"):
• altitude of 2,300 m
• The total length of 140 km slopes
• 29 lift
• slopes of different levels of 66
• route to country skiing 5 km
• the ski season lasts from November to early May
For several consecutive seasons of Val Thorens offers guarantee of snow. Such confidence is attained at the expense of high-altitude trails and well-equipped with modern systems of snowmaking. In case of insufficient snow in this period, the resort provides a free opportunity to come another time.
Others The Best Winter Resorts of the World .